Monday 28 July 2014

Video Tutorial by Erica Houghton {Design Team "Moment To Shine}






Hi everyone & welcome back to another tutorial 
from our Design Team "Moment To Shine" series.

Today we have a video tutorial by Design Team member
 Erica Houghton, from the USA using our current challenge here.


Erica created this beautiful layout  based on the mood board
 below & will share her creative process with us in her video.


Let's get to know a little about Erica.


Hi!  My name is Erica Houghton.  
My husband Ben & I live outside of Washington DC in Stone Ridge, Virginia.  
When I'm not working or sitting in traffic you can find me in my studio creating, 
curled up with a good book, headed out the door for a run, or sightseeing & traveling!

My paper crafting is shabby chic - I  love glitter, rhinestones & anything that has glitz, 
glamour & a LOT of sparkle!   AND I'm totally addicted to patterned paper.  
I never feel my pages are complete until I've added flowers, ribbon & machine stitching. 

 I enjoy creating a variety of projects including layouts,
 cards, tags, Off-The-Page products & mini albums.

In addition to creating for various design teams I also enjoy teaching classes at local
scrap stores,  because I love sharing my passion for paper crafting with others.  
To see all of my creations please visit my blog here.

Click to watch Erica's video to see how she created her lovely layout!



And now for a couple of close-ups . . .



Love this beautiful cluster of flowers & tulle!



Supplies List

Papers - Webser's Pages Allison Kreft Recorded
Webster's Pages Recorded Cardstock Stickers
Websters Pages Paperclips
Flowers:  Manor House, Petaloo, Prima & Recollections
Studio His & Her Tulle
WIlton Doilies
3D Foam Creative Sheets
MyStick Permanent Strips
Crafty Power Tape
Martha Stewart Daisy Fan Edge Punch
Tim Holtz Distress Ink

NOTE THAT ERICA USES NO MIXED MEDIA ON HER PROJECTS!
She has a totally individual yet unique & fantastic style!!
Watch her video to see how she plays around with balance 
& composition until she gets everything to look "just right!"

Thank you so much Erica!  
Please leave Erica some comment love if you are feeling inspired right now!
AND REMEMBER ONLY 3 MORE DAYS left to enter out July Challenge.

You can find all of the details here!



8 comments:

Karita said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful layout!Thank you for the great tutorila - so nice to see how you create your layout :)

Terhi Koskinen said...

Wonderful tutorial, thank you so much Erica! :)

Tusia Lech said...

Wonderful layout!!

zuziucha said...

I love video tutorials. I love to watch people work ontheir wonderful projects. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Riikka Kovasin said...

So happy and delightful page! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

Vera Shelemekh said...

Erica, thank you for the tutorial! That is really exciting!

Kasia Bogatko said...

Very nice and full of colors project! :)

Hera said...

Fantastic layout! Love so much! Thanks for sharing with us!